chopper

official world cup thread

tunisia and saudi arabia

That was a good match and FUCK AMERICAN BROADCASTING! Good thing I speak Spanish and Galavision was airing the match. I really had a soft spot for Tunez as I was there for the African Nations Cup when they won. Such a great experience to be the ONLY white guy in the stadium with a hot native who said to me (in Spanish - we met in Madrid) "Dusty, don't be nervous when EVERYONE comes up to you to take pictures and say 'thank you'" Thank you? For what? Tradition says that the locals will thank the foreigner for bringing them luck from afar. Tunez futbol fans are very proud (as are they all - less the US) and that my friends is one heck of a memory!

it was the midfield and the passing game which won it for the czechs. not height.

jesus i said its an advantage never say it would win them games!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good match and FUCK AMERICAN BROADCASTING! Good thing I speak Spanish and Galavision was airing the match. I really had a soft spot for Tunez as I was there for the African Nations Cup when they won. Such a great experience to be the ONLY white guy in the stadium with a hot native who said to me (in Spanish - we met in Madrid) "Dusty, don't be nervous when EVERYONE comes up to you to take pictures and say 'thank you'" Thank you? For what? Tradition says that the locals will thank the foreigner for bringing them luck from afar. Tunez futbol fans are very proud (as are they all - less the US) and that my friends is one heck of a memory!

ahh i remember hearing that story.

Wow what a great game between Germany and Poland. I really thought it was going to end 0-0, but Germany pulled a last minute goal to win it 1-0.

Yeah, second win in a row... Last times we did that in the WC was 1974 and 1990... both times winning the title. Now I just hope and pray that we won't have to play against England in the next round. Even though the match against Trinidad and Tobago wasn't that great I really hope that we can get around this match for a while.

I must also say that I'm very impressed by Spain, didn't expected them to play that well.

i wonder if Chopper is out celebrating right now? England beat Trinidad & Tobago 2-0.

i got sooo drunk last night, the pub was buzzing.

i was happy with the result but our performance was terrible. i hate to think whats gonna happen when we play the good teams

ENGLAND - seizing defeat outta the jaws of victory since the beginning of time.

USA gets relief thanks to Ghana. Maybe the nerves are gone and they can play up to their potential.

what a horrible game by that ref, i can't believe he made so many bad calls, especially with the red cards. The Italy player deserved it, i mean he made McBride bleed with that elbow, that's obvious. But he red carded two players for tackles that weren't even that bad, we've seen far worse. USA should've had an 11-10 advantage after that first red card, and they eventually are down to 9 men for basically the entire second half. It's a miracle they didn't give up a goal.

Overall very dissapointed. USA can still advance if Italy beats CR, and we beat Ghana. And Argentina_Legends, I don't know what you're talking about with those points. It's 4-3-3-1 now.

Oh and I don't know what Beasley was doing. He should've been running all over the place at the end and making something happen but most the time he was walking like the rest of em. It looked like he thought "oh since they're not running, i don't have to." Very dissapointed in his efforts.

It's also too bad that offsides got called on McBride when we made that goal. I can see why it was called but at the sametime I think there are plenty of times when players are in front of the goalies vision when a kick is put into play, but because he was two feet closer or something? eh.

The U.S played well, and they deserved to win there were many harsh calls against them. The red card to the italian was deserved, but the way the game was going the ref was looking for an even up call. I agree that beasley should have been running more instead of a tired donovan. Anything can happen now all the u.s has to do is win the final game and they have a chance to advance. Good Luck Fellas

The U.S played well, and they deserved to win there were many harsh calls against them. The red card to the italian was deserved, but the way the game was going the ref was looking for an even up call. I agree that beasley should have been running more instead of a tired donovan. Anything can happen now all the u.s has to do is win the final game and they have a chance to advance. Good Luck Fellas

yea but even if we win we have to hope Italy beats the Czech Republic, which I think they have a shot at of course. Hopefully Italy wins and hopefully we can actually win in this World Cup and advance.

The ref in the US-Italy game was a control freak in the first half. Then all of a sudden in the seocnd half, it was always "play on", "play on".

I think the US played a good game despite only fielding 9 men.

They need to play as tough and "cleaner" vs. Ghana. Do NOT take them lightly.

Ghana looked like the Czech Rep when they beat us and the Czech Rep looked like us when we got stomped!

The officiating during the ITA v USA was laughable.

Suddenly, a US advancement out of the "Group of Death" doesn't seem so death-defying!

a US advancement out of the "Group of Death" doesn't seem so death-defying!

Because the country rankings in that group are high, doesn't make it the group of death. I believe Group C was dubbed the group of death.