Sign in to follow this  
rockstar

SLOW downloads and failed downloads

Can't take anymore of these slow downloads and failed attempts with "network error". My 200Mbit connection should download these files in under 4 minutes and it's taking over an hour :o(

Canceling this month.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. I initially chalked it up to my awful connection (getting roughly 400 KB/sec), but the failed downloads are really starting to frustrate me. I don't have an issue leaving my PC on to download for a few hours at a time, but coming back to see a list of failed downloads is wearing thin. I have even tried just doing a single video at a time, but nine times out of ten it ends up failing. A lot of the time the error is something about needing authorization, which I'm assuming is a result of the auto logout.

• Like 1

Nah it's not your connection, I'm lucky to have rock solid 200Mbit cable which should d/l a 9Gb VR movie in under 10 minutes easily, instead it takes over and hour - if it doesn't fail totally. 

For a download service, this is not good enough.

• Like 1

Ok, so after copping failure after failure with chrome and firefox, i reluctantly tried edge, and it worked great for a while, but now it's doing the same thing. Constantly getting to roughly 80% and it fails out. So frustrating.

Can you guys submit a support ticket request, I am looking into this.  In addition to this, have you guys tried using the "alt" options to download the videos, in most cases they provide improved performance for the downloads.

Here is an example on how to find them.

https://l.d.pr/9r1WDi

The download speeds here for me have been  ~50Kb per second for the last few days compared to 2.5M per second at the other site to which I'm subscribed. It takes 50 times as long to download and more often than not fails. Please advise. Thanks. 

The download speeds have improved to normal speeds.

The 1080 version of the 12/5/2013 SBC scene with India Summer & Bill Bailey fails to download due to a "server problem".

Edited by WalterG1

Ditto what WalterG1 just said.  Lots of problems yesterday (Saturday), very hit and miss.  Also a problem when I tried this morning (Sunday).  It seems to have stabilized some this afternoon (knock on wood...several successful downloads in a row at fast speed),

This is still a MAJOR issue, a majority of the time. I am an annual member, and I will be cancelling if you don't fix this. The fact that your network performance is so poor, over such a long period of time, is unprofessional, and shows a real lack of respect for your customers. I do not experience these issue with any other site. I tried the link posted by administrators above, and just get an error 404, so I am not sure how to get any level of support other than to bitch in the forums. Please fix, or I'll spend my $100 somewhere where they know how to maintain a server. P.S. Mirror links perform just as poorly, if not worse.