Shagdog

Should Obama destroy British Petroleum ?

You can't sent driver down that deep.

your right u need to used a robot to salvage ships use it has all the tools on it that are needed and can do the same job i know i seen them when i worked on a dive/salvage ship in the gulf capping satelite iol wells knocked over by katrina

your right u need to used a robot to salvage ships use it has all the tools on it that are needed and can do the same job i know i seen them when i worked on a dive/salvage ship in the gulf capping satelite iol wells knocked over by katrina

You are right and they will do that with this one too. The problem here is to much pressure. As soon as the relief wells are finished they can cap it.

They should have been drilling relief wells at the same time as this one.

Edited by Shagdog

Yes they should be punished. They should take care of the people who depend on the water for they way of life. Hard working people shouldn't have to suffer because of what some big company did. The guys at BP still pay they bills and sleep at night. Its not so easy to sleep at night when you way of earning a living is gone and your not sure if you're going to have a place to sleep at night.

I don't know much about fixing the damage but I'm sure they can't fix all the damage that was done to our enviroment and the wildlife. This is something that could hurt all of us. I have refused to go to any BP business since the spill.

Should BP be fined? YES In short, But also.......................

The Government,for failing to enforce regulations they imposed

Halliburton. Who built the well with faulty parts

Transocean. who owns the well and should be held accountable for their property

Furthermore, with the cap they have now, they are siphoning a high [ercentage of oil now. From start to completion of the cutting of the well, it took 4 days.

That cutting/siphon plan was BP's first plan, the goverment told them NO. So they went to like 10 other ways and back to their original plan after all of them failed. So essentially all the oil in the gulf in my eyes is more the governments fault. If we let BP do it their way, it would have been under control after maybe 10 days tops instead of 60 :(

• Like 1

Should BP be fined? YES In short, But also.......................

The Government,for failing to enforce regulations they imposed

Halliburton. Who built the well with faulty parts

Transocean. who owns the well and should be held accountable for their property

Furthermore, with the cap they have now, they are siphoning a high [ercentage of oil now. From start to completion of the cutting of the well, it took 4 days.

That cutting/siphon plan was BP's first plan, the goverment told them NO. So they went to like 10 other ways and back to their original plan after all of them failed. So essentially all the oil in the gulf in my eyes is more the governments fault. If we let BP do it their way, it would have been under control after maybe 10 days tops instead of 60 :(

Well the dark lord ex vp Dick Cheney is on the board at Halliburton. So I don't expect much happening to them except for maybe heavy fines. Same with Transocean. BP on the other hand had representatives on the rig strong arming workers to take short cuts to increase the crude production. As was pointed out by one deck boss on 60 minutes. The cutting/siphon plan was very risky because if they cut to far down it could have ruptured the reservoir and caused massive amounts more oil to spill out. So they elected (wisely) to make that a last resort. I live near Pensacola beach florida. So I've seen the devastation this disaster has caused to our beautiful coast. I hope the decision makers at BP pay dearly for what they have done. :angry:

I have refused to go to any BP business since the spill.

Your only hurting the people who own the franchises and the people who work for them.

If we destroy BP then they won't have any money to fix anything.

If BP goes bankrupt people will be payed penny's on the dollar.

Another possibility is China will buy BP. Do you really think our government will stand up to China.

Do you want to go to war with China to enforce our environmental laws.

Edited by Shagdog

You've heard this "Oil and water don't mix". It's true it's very easy to separate unpolluted drinkable water from oil. There are a lot of ways to do it.

Tonight Obama said they will soon be capturing 90% of the oil in the Gulf.

Angel you are absolutely right.

He should have had this speech on the 2nd or 3rd day not day 57. He talked about putting to get a team of scientist.

He should have called Dick Cheney and ask him to put together a team to stop it from getting to the beaches.

Congress called in the heads of American oil companies to embarrass them. Obama should have called them in and ask them to give BP all the equipment and expertise they have.

He should have asked the world to throw everything they have at the oil slick and save the gulf.

But instead he waited for the oil to get to the beaches. Went down and got him some photos of him and the oily beaches.

Then used them to advance his political agenda.

Your only hurting the people who own the franchises and the people who work for them.

If we destroy BP then they won't have any money to fix anything.

If BP goes bankrupt people will be payed penny's on the dollar.

Another possibility is China will buy BP. Do you really think our government will stand up to China.

Do you want to go to war with China to enforce our environmental laws.

I agree that it only hurts the franchises however everything you said after that is nonsense.

They made $246.1 billion last year, how can a company like that be destroyed let alone go bankrupt?

dailyfinance

China doesn't even own one of the top ten companies in the world. Do you really think the Republic would ever go after a juggernaut like BP? Not even the richest person in China has enough money to buy out BP.

I agree that it only hurts the franchises however everything you said after that is nonsense.

They made $246.1 billion last year, how can a company like that be destroyed let alone go bankrupt?

dailyfinance

China doesn't even own one of the top ten companies in the world. Do you really think the Republic would ever go after a juggernaut like BP? Not even the richest person in China has enough money to buy out BP.

BP stock has lost 50% of it's value.

What makes you think 1 person would it.

The Chinese government has more than enough money to buy it.

And if the stock continues to fall then that would put them in play for the Chinese.

The Chinese don't have to buy every single share. They only have to buy enough to control the company.

It's not a secret China needs the oil and wants to be a major player on the worlds oil market.

It's not a secret China needs the technology BP has.

Edited by Shagdog

BP stock has lost 50% of it's value.

It actually dropped 50% in one month. If you listened to any mainstream news or radio, they put positive spin on the situation today. It drove the stock up a couple of percentage points later on in the day. Analysts recommend buying but it's like playing roulette at this point. IMO, sooner or later, that stock is going to be back up to 50 a share by the end of the third quarter.

It actually dropped 50% in one month. If you listened to any mainstream news or radio, they put positive spin on the situation today. It drove the stock up a couple of percentage points later on in the day. Analysts recommend buying but it's like playing roulette at this point. IMO, sooner or later, that stock is going to be back up to 50 a share by the end of the third quarter.

Of course it's good buy at this point, but still a big gamble. If they miss with the relief wells. And this thing drags on to December then who knows what will happen.

Of course it's good buy at this point, but still a big gamble. If they miss with the relief wells. And this thing drags on to December then who knows what will happen.

From what I've read, it would be a 100 million dollar mistake if the relief well doesn't do the trick. Not only that, I read that Environmentalists are going after BP for 5 billion in cleanup. Yikes!

Up .45 today...

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Svanberg's new slogan, "We care about the small people"?

Up .45 today...

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Svanberg's new slogan, "We care about the small people"?

Don't you think he meant small BUSINESS. That is why world leaders give interviews in their native language. To void starting a world war. lol

We have all laughed at non English speaking friends and coworkers misuse of our language.