Anyone interested in the MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS

18Oregon St (8-4, 6-3 Pac-10)

14BYU (10-2, 7-1 MWC)

18Oregon St 20 14BYU 44

Edited by Shagdog

Anyone interested in the MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS

18Oregon St (8-4, 6-3 Pac-10)

14BYU (10-2, 7-1 MWC)

Should be a interesting matchup. Rogers from OSU is very hard to stop and Hall from BYU is a pretty good QB. I am kind of expecting a high scoring affair tonight with both teams going over 30 points, but it should be entertaining.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4764843

Suh wins AP Player of the year. The first defensive player to win the award

Very trendy. Giving him this award based on 1 game. lol

The guy played in the Big 12 for 4 yrs and no one had even heard of him until a week or so before the Texas game.

After Jake Locker decided to return to Washington Mel Kiper started hyping him as the number 1 pick.

I don't so he had some good numbers 65 tackles 10 sacks and 4 fumble rec one for a td he also won most of the defensive awards so I think it was deserving

I didn't say he didn't deserve it. There are enough of these awards going out now to give everyone in college football one. The trophy generation. lol

This ap award has only been given out since 1998 so it not like they broke some long standing tradition of awarding running backs and quarterbacks.

Very trendy. Giving him this award based on 1 game. lol

The guy played in the Big 12 for 4 yrs and no one had even heard of him until a week or so before the Texas game.

After Jake Locker decided to return to Washington Mel Kiper started hyping him as the number 1 pick.

I have known about Suh since last season and have heard about him throughout the season. The Texas game was just the extra push he needed to get recognized by the more casual observer. He has been number one on Kiper and McShay's big boards off and on for a long time now and even before the Texas game. He just isn't necessarily the number one pick in the draft according the same people, it all depends on who is drafting at number one. But I totally agree with him winning this award and it again goes to show how wide open this season was for individual performances. I think each player of the year award went to a different player.

SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION POINSETTIA BOWL

23Utah (9-3, 6-2 MWC)

California (8-4, 5-4 Pac-10)

The MWC is off to a good start. A win tonight would be huge.

Utah 37 to California 27

Wow MWC 3 and 0, 2 and 0 against the PAC 10

Edited by Shagdog

Next up

SHERATON HAWAII BOWL

S Methodist (7-5, 6-2 C-USA)

Nevada (8-4, 7-1 WAC)

Being from Texas it's nice to see SMU back in a bowl game.

I know they cheated and got the death penalty but they have more than pay for their sins.

This ultimately led to the break up of the South West Conference. Nearly all the schools were on probation.

Coaches wouldn't come coach in South West Conference any more.

At that time paying player wasn't called cheating it was called winning football.

Paying players was always done in the South West Conference, everyone did it.

Hell they pay High School players in this state if your winning.

Edited by Shagdog

Urban Meyer stepping down as Florida head coach due to health reasons ..... hum ... I wonder if the coach of Notre Dame fails, if Urban will take over there

Urban Meyer stepping down as Florida head coach due to health reasons ..... hum ... I wonder if the coach of Notre Dame fails, if Urban will take over there

Always liked Urban Meyer personally, he had a great system and dominated the SEC w/ it... didnt hurt that he had the best players as well, but id bet on the fact if kelly fails he'd jump for the ND job in a heartbeat

Well haven't heard much more than y'all but it either what Lou holtz said which is don't make decisions when your emotional or he pulling a bill cowher and really leaving for what he said he was doing

Wow I can't believe it. he must be really sick

Meyer to coach final game at Sugar Bowl

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4772952

I was shocked! I wish the him the best for his health. Its always good to see an Ohio guy do well. Born and raised. I hope he gets well and is able to coach again some day. College football needs guys like him.

I bet a few Florida commits will go elsewhere now, especially if they were on the fence.

Florida is still a great program, but with guys like Tebow, Dunlap, Spikes and Haden all leaving, and now this, I wont be shocked if a few of their commits sign their LOI's with different schools.

Edited by MiztaBlu22

Here is the story form ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4772952

Key to that is this section (Quoted from the above story):

"A university source said Meyer had two incidents within one week that required medical attention because of chest pains, including the night after the Florida lost to Alabama in SEC title game. It was reported Meyer suffered from dehydration but the source said other symptoms included chest pain that night. When he returned home to Gainesville, the source said he had a second incident within five days. The source said various tests have not revealed a need for surgery but other medical red flags, including high blood pressure, were mounting."

If they are detetcing stuff like that, it is either stress or heredy. He is such a young man and knows football very well. My hope is that he will still be involved in some ways, but it is likely his coaching days are over.

Another important part in there:

"Last month, Sports Illustrated chronicled Meyer's coaching career and reported that he suffered from persistent headaches caused by an arachnoid cyst that becomes inflamed by stress, rage and excitement.

Meyer told the magazine that since the diagnosis in the early 2000s he has tried to stay composed during games."

IMO Stocker - Urban Meyer needs to walk away permanently from coaching. He is going to DROP on the field somewhere, someday. I'm not saying this because I dislike the man, but the conditions he is suffering from are potentially fatal. He has had his run and now he needs to rest.

IMO Stocker - Urban Meyer needs to walk away permanently from coaching. He is going to DROP on the field somewhere, someday. I'm not saying this because I dislike the man, but the conditions he is suffering from are potentially fatal. He has had his run and now he needs to rest.

Once a coach, always a coach. it just isnt that easy to walk away from something you really enjoy. If he can get his health together then its all good and he can return. I wish him the best of luck.

Leach suspended after player complaint

Wow this is stupid. If I was Mike Leach I would ride this out and leave the first chance I got. He turned down good jobs last year to stay at tech.

Leach suspended after player complaint.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4776848

"The player, Adam James, is a redshirt sophomore wide receiver for the Red Raiders and the son of ESPN college football analyst Craig James."

Sources told ESPN's Joe Schad that the Jameses felt Adam was treated inappropriately by Leach because he was unable to practice after a mild concussion. A source close to the James family told Schad that Leach directed a trainer to confine him to an equipment room for three hours and, days later, told a trainer to place James in an electrical closet. An attorney for Leach said that while James was secluded twice, the circumstances were not as portrayed by the James family.

Edited by Shagdog

Leach files for restraining order to coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4779341

What he did was make him stand in a corner.

Rumors going around down here is Crag James wanted Leach to release Adam so he could go play for June Jones at SMU.

So Crag James prayed to god and god told him it was alright to destroy Texas Tech football to get his way.

I played football from 8yr old thur my senior year in High School.

From Junior high on injury did not excuse you from football practice or the games.

Injured players were expected stand not lean or sit and you were expected to pay attention at practice and games. If you were on crutches you could lean on your crutches.

Concussions everyone on the team had them. Does anyone believe your going to run around hitting each other and nothing will happen.

When I was 8 yr old I knew right away you could get hurt playing football. 8 yr olds would get their "bell Rung"

You knew that was going to happen their so going to miss him and that program is going to fall off 2 yrs and they'll be back at the bottom again I'm with leech on this one