Photo
- - - - -

Problems downloading - HTTP error 400 (not 404)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jackiti

jackiti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

I've been having problems downloading or streaming any video from the site. Any time I've tried to download, I get a HTTP status code of 400 (not 404), saying the request my HTTP client made is invalid. I've tried multiple browsers. This seems to be the case only with the server I am assigned to download from (Australia, as I live in Asia Pacific). If I change my IP address via VPN to say Sweden, the server I am assigned to, the USA server, will serve my request and send me the file properly, so it appears to be a specific problem to the Australia delivery server, but I don't want to jump the gun and tell the NA staff how to fix their system. Furthermore, it is unlikely I am hitting a national firewall or Internet censorship mechanism as the server's IP address I connect to when downloading checks out as being resident in Australia (which is not where I stay), and is part of the NA infrastructure (checked via whois etc.)

I've tried to use the support interface, but haven't been able to get a response (and it doesn't seem to work very well, like I can't answer staff questions by updating the ticket), so I'm resorting to asking on the forum in case any staff members are lurking about. Also, I wanted to ask everyone else whether they've had a similar problem, and what they did - maybe recommend me a good VPN that is faster than my current one? (I use IPredator) Or some download program or something that always seems to work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Milffan

Milffan

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I've been having problems downloading or streaming any video from the site. Any time I've tried to download, I get a HTTP status code of 400 (not 404), saying the request my HTTP client made is invalid. I've tried multiple browsers. This seems to be the case only with the server I am assigned to download from (Australia, as I live in Asia Pacific). If I change my IP address via VPN to say Sweden, the server I am assigned to, the USA server, will serve my request and send me the file properly, so it appears to be a specific problem to the Australia delivery server, but I don't want to jump the gun and tell the NA staff how to fix their system. Furthermore, it is unlikely I am hitting a national firewall or Internet censorship mechanism as the server's IP address I connect to when downloading checks out as being resident in Australia (which is not where I stay), and is part of the NA infrastructure (checked via whois etc.)

I've tried to use the support interface, but haven't been able to get a response (and it doesn't seem to work very well, like I can't answer staff questions by updating the ticket), so I'm resorting to asking on the forum in case any staff members are lurking about. Also, I wanted to ask everyone else whether they've had a similar problem, and what they did - maybe recommend me a good VPN that is faster than my current one? (I use IPredator) Or some download program or something that always seems to work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

There is a thread about downloading problems just 4 threads below this one....yet people are compelled to open new threads for each and every individual download problem. Sigh

Edited by Milffan, 24 June 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#3 Doctor_Jackson

Doctor_Jackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

There is a thread about downloading problems just 4 threads below this one....yet people are compelled to open new threads for each and every individual download problem. Sigh

People are stupid. It's a sad fact, but after working for ten years in a role that involves customer contact, I have come to the conclusion that a large proportion of the population are morons. Phil Connors says this on Groundhog Day. He is correct.

#4 jackiti

jackiti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

If you're talking about the other most recent downloading problems thread - that's entirely different from my problem. I'd be glad if I could even stream - but I also cannot - same HTTP errors. You can have a downloading problem for a whole host of unrelated reasons - mine's just different from that post

If you're talking about the one even lower where an admin Lauren says to email her, I wasn't sure if she'd welcome people just emailing her regarding problems just because she asked someone with a similar problem to do the same - it just feels like it's entirely unsolicited, and I wasn't even sure if it's her job to deal with these problems, so it seems quite odd to bug her about it unless she specifically asks?

#5 aristotlealexander

aristotlealexander

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9,297 posts
  • LocationNorthern IL

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

If you're talking about the other most recent downloading problems thread - that's entirely different from my problem. I'd be glad if I could even stream - but I also cannot - same HTTP errors. You can have a downloading problem for a whole host of unrelated reasons - mine's just different from that post

If you're talking about the one even lower where an admin Lauren says to email her, I wasn't sure if she'd welcome people just emailing her regarding problems just because she asked someone with a similar problem to do the same - it just feels like it's entirely unsolicited, and I wasn't even sure if it's her job to deal with these problems, so it seems quite odd to bug her about it unless she specifically asks?

It's not too odd. Especially if you create a forum thread first, most people are going to tell you that if support doesn't fix it with a day or two, e-mailing her is your next step anyway.
"You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much that I completely stay away from them!"

My NA for Google Android App

Fun With Statistics - The Website

#6 jackiti

jackiti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the first helpful reply. I didn't know that was how things rolled here. Mea culpa. I'll email her after the support ticket lapses.

#7 Lexifan

Lexifan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Is anybody else unable to login to the site? For the past three hours or so I have not been able to get any pages at tour.naughtyamerica.com or members.naughtyamerica.com to load in any of my browsers.

#8 ryan30

ryan30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Edited by ryan30, 29 July 2012 - 01:46 PM.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific"

#9 ryan30

ryan30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Is anybody else unable to login to the site? For the past three hours or so I have not been able to get any pages at tour.naughtyamerica.com or members.naughtyamerica.com to load in any of my browsers.

Yeah, same.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific"

#10 aristotlealexander

aristotlealexander

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9,297 posts
  • LocationNorthern IL

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Me, too,
"You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much that I completely stay away from them!"

My NA for Google Android App

Fun With Statistics - The Website

#11 Milffan

Milffan

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Me, too,

Up until a few minutes ago, I was having the same problem