number3

Slow download speed??

85 posts in this topic

When I first signed up on this site, I didn't have any problems downloading the HD videos but now they take over an hour to download?? Can anyone help me? Thanks!

1 person likes this

I have had the same problem, started about 1 week ago. My download speed was halved. Everything else is the same with my internet. Have seen other people commenting about this problem as well. My subscription is going to be up soon, and this is something that would cause me to not renew.

1 person likes this

I haven't had this problem at all. Everything is at or above 1 MB/s for me. Have you tried e-mailing support@naughtyamerica.com ?

For those of you experiencing slow download speeds, please post the following information:

-the browsers and operating systems you are using to download

-the exact filenames and formats you are attempting to download

-your IP address (if you don't know this, you can get it at http://www.whatsmyip.org/)

Thanks

I have earthlink dsl. I use internet explorer. I am trying to download the dvd versions of a few files. I used to get over 100 kbs, now 40-60. Have tried several different files.

Yeah, like I said in the other post "http://forums.naughtyamerica.com/topic/20865-dowload-speed/", I have been having issues myself. If Nothing else is using my network then the speed is alright, at times. However, it's not like it used to be, and it appears to be only with NA.com I have tried doing other downloads such as for a trial of AVG free and it was at normal download speed. FYI: my normal download speed is between 500-700 KB a second. Where as now it's between 30-100 KB a second, sometimes more if there is nothing else using my network. Also the problem seemed to have started sometime Early Last Week. Like just as the Winter Storm hit Indiana.

Again, if you experiencing slow download speeds, please post ALL of the following information:

-the browsers and operating systems you are using to download

-the exact filenames (the actual full URL of the movie) and formats you are attempting to download

-your IP address (if you don't know this, you can get it at http://www.whatsmyip.org/)

-also, please tell us the city and state in which you reside

Thanks!

Also, please also do us a favor and run a traceroute test for cdsavoia.vo.llnwd.net.

Here are instructions for how to run a traceroute test: http://www.webhostingshow.com/2008/03/21/how-to-traceroute-on-windows-and-mac/

Once you receive the results for the traceroute test, please copy and paste them in an email, along with your IP address, to mike@naughtyamerica.com.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Ok, I really want to get this fixed, but am very concerned giving the requested info out to an email given on a forum. I really don't want my internet hacked. How personal is the information being requested?

I sent an email to customer support and still haven't heard back in 3 days.

Ok, I really want to get this fixed, but am very concerned giving the requested info out to an email given on a forum. I really don't want my internet hacked. How personal is the information being requested?

I sent an email to customer support and still haven't heard back in 3 days.

the info being requested is not personal...

-the browsers and operating systems you are using to download - im sure youre using an OS and browser that billions of other people are using.

-the exact filenames (the actual full URL of the movie) and formats you are attempting to download - nothing personal about this.

-your IP address (if you don't know this, you can get it at http://www.whatsmyip.org/) - i wouldnt consider this personal. people can trace your IP themselves anyway. the only way to not have your IP revealed to anyone EVER is to not go on the internet EVER.

-also, please tell us the city and state in which you reside - unless youre the only one living in that city and state, i wouldnt consider this personal either.

so basically all of the above are not personal pieces of information as opposed to a credit card number, your physical address, your full name etc. the info bobby is requesting is to help him help you solve the problem. plus bobby is a verified employee of NA (you can tell by his Admin title).

I have had this problem for about the last 7-10 days as well. It occurs when trying to download any file type. For example, I have generally downloaded the DVD (WMV) type files over the past couple of years. It used to take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to download one entire scene. Over the past 7-10 days, it takes anywhere from 60 to 150 minutes.

Edited by naughty73798

I'm having painfully slow streaming speeds on my computer. Would the information being requested for slow download speeds apply to my streaming problems as well?

I'm a new member so I don't have much to compare it to but top quality videos stream just fine on Brazzers on my computer as well so I'm left scratching my head a little bit. 480, 720 and 1080 streams just stutter and have to buffer almost every few seconds and it appears to have gotten even worse over the past week. My only device that seems to handle the site fine is my iPad.

Regardless of him being an official/registered employee, I STRONGLY URG ALL members of NA to not post that information. The problem isn't that it's personal, but the fact, that with that information an trained Hacker, can do just that, hack into your system and do whatever they please. I think he gave a e-mail link you can use. But even that is risky because you are still sending that information over the internet. Never, the less, I have run many internet speed tests and all of them come back saying that I'm pushing my regular internet speed, and I have tried downloading trial programs from various vendors, such as AVG Free, and they also download at the regular speed. However, EVERYTHING I do through NA is much slower than it should be. This is from downloading videos, to even streaming them.

What is the PROBLEM HERE!

Regardless of him being an official/registered employee, I STRONGLY URG ALL members of NA to not post that information. The problem isn't that it's personal, but the fact, that with that information an trained Hacker, can do just that, hack into your system and do whatever they please. I think he gave a e-mail link you can use. But even that is risky because you are still sending that information over the internet. Never, the less, I have run many internet speed tests and all of them come back saying that I'm pushing my regular internet speed, and I have tried downloading trial programs from various vendors, such as AVG Free, and they also download at the regular speed. However, EVERYTHING I do through NA is much slower than it should be. This is from downloading videos, to even streaming them.

What is the PROBLEM HERE!

A trained hacker can get into your computer no matter what you do (save unplugging your computer from the internet). They don't even need you to give them your IP address. You, my friend, are being paranoid. E-mail is 100% not risky unless your e-mail account or his e-mail account gets hacked, in which case you have a lot more to worry about than someone having your IP address.

And my downloads are just fine, and so are a lot of other people who routinely post here. If not, we all would have said something. So this obviously isn't a problem affecting everyone. Which means that to find out what the problem is, they need to figure out what all the people who are having said problem have in common. Which is what the information is for. Now, if you don't want this fixed, go ahead and don't provide any information so that it makes it that much harder for them to fix it. But that's on you.

Edited by aristotlealexander

Just to emphasize on this problem as well as my previous post, I went to Download one of the newest videos starring Sara Stone, and the download was horribly slow, at far less than 100 Kbps and then I tried doing a speed test, http://www.speedtest.net/ and I got the correct download rate. WHAT UP NA!

A trained hacker can get into your computer no matter what you do (save unplugging your computer from the internet). They don't even need you to give them your IP address. You, my friend, are being paranoid. E-mail is 100% not risky unless your e-mail account or his e-mail account gets hacked, in which case you have a lot more to worry about than someone having your IP address.

And my downloads are just fine, and so are a lot of other people who routinely post here. If not, we all would have said something. So this obviously isn't a problem affecting everyone. Which means that to find out what the problem is, they need to figure out what all the people who are having said problem have in common. Which is what the information is for. Now, if you don't want this fixed, go ahead and don't provide any information so that it makes it that much harder for them to fix it. But that's on you.

Paranoid? More like a Computer Security Professional in Training. I have read and studied about this, and it's a common mistake that many users make and get hacked for it. A Lab exam that was recently "Aced" was to prove just this type of thing. So am I being paranoid? Perhaps but it's better to be safe than have your system hacked! However, please TRY to explain why all the internet speed tests I do show that I'm downloading a normal rate, but this site on the other hand is horribly slow? Can you Explain That!? Because I would love an answer?

Paranoid? More like a Computer Security Professional in Training. I have read and studied about this, and it's a common mistake that many users make and get hacked for it. A Lab exam that was recently "Aced" was to prove just this type of thing. So am I being paranoid? Perhaps but it's better to be safe than have your system hacked! However, please TRY to explain why all the internet speed tests I do show that I'm downloading a normal rate, but this site on the other hand is horribly slow? Can you Explain That!? Because I would love an answer?

Because there is a slowdown at some point between you and NA. One of the routers that your traffic is going through is going slower than it should be. I've had this problem before. It was about 6 months ago, and it was only happening at night. Well, at night, I was going through a certain node that would time out fairly frequently. During the day, I was going through a different node that was perfectly fine. I (and they) figured this out by using the traceroute that I ran between my computer and their servers.

ok mr security professional...i as a mod can see your ip address every single time you make a post. in fact, im looking at it right now. u dont know me from a hole in the wall. how do you know im not gonna take your IP and hack you? or how do you know im not the type to sell your IP to sum1 else to hack you? you dont, thats my point exactly. so does this mean you should never ever post on internet forums?

theres being carefui, like looking both ways before you cross the street. and then theres being downright crazyish paranoid like you seem to be, like not going outside ever cause a car can run right up onto the sidewalk or even right through the side of your house. and it has happened before.

do you also not eat ever at restaurants? cause sum1 can spit in your food, sneeze in it, or go to the bathroom and not wash their hands before making your food.

are you also one of those people wo doesnt believe in shopping online, even though its 2011? cause those sites are not 100% secure, as prooven by previous cases of peoples cc numbers being stolen right from company databases.

do you also never leave your house? cause anyone can run up on you and do bodily harm to you. an example is the guy who got arrested today in NYC for a stabbing spree he went on in the past 2 days. most of the people he stabbed were random people.

IF ANYONE IS HAVING DOWNLOAD ISSUES, I WOULD SUGGEST YOU FOLLOW BOBBYS ADVICE AND EMAIL HIM THE INFO HENEEDS SO HE CAN HELP YOU RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM. OR YOU CAN LISTEN TO THIS ANGEL GUY AND GET NOTHING SOLVED.

its up to yall.

no network or compter is 100% secure

your more likely to have your internet watched by the usa goverment

as for the slow speed it could be one of your isps upstream provider

and im on the other side of the world and have no problems with downloading NA videos

Streams slower than a lazy glacier. Streams break in mid-stream. Happens nowhere else. More dead screen time than Larry King. Brand new customer-probable brand new ex-customer. I'll drop by from time to time to see if you have pulled your heads out. Beware April 1st.

Yes, we are very aware it's not happening to everyone but it is certainly happening to enough people to make it a problem.

Here at work I tested the Internet connection and the site is working fine but at home it is dog slow. Funny thing is that these are both the same ISP's and connection at home is leaps and bounds faster than the internet connection at work.

I recently sent Mike all my info, hopefully something stands out to him. I also use OpenDNS at home but even turned it off and still had no effect. I certainly don't want to give up on this site so hopefully a solution is created cause it's annoying as hell.